Friday, May 25, 2012

I never knew LOL

Salam :D Aku xtau pulak A levels ada dua jenis. Aku pernah lah dengar pasal Edexcel A Levels tp xtau secara mendalam pasal tu and I know that Cambridge A Levels is a specific name for A Levels tp xpernah search pulak pasal history dia in details. Thanks to sape2 yg berkenaan. (xpenting) I figured that they are both to obtain certificates in GCE. Tapi aku still blur pulak pasal GCE. Need more googling I guess. hmm so I found the answer from this link. It is very simple but full with informations and close sincerely from heart ^^

http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12002

So, here's the difference ^^ Happy reading guys. I don't have the chance to take edexcel because I knew about this after I had registered for CAL- Cambridge A Levels already. tp xpelah, mana2 pon sama jep asalkan blaja betul22. :D
...

Edexcel A-Levels is an A-Level course governed by Edexcel International, a UK body under the Pearson company. It is a modular course with typically 6 papers (units) per subject. Some units come in the form of assignments/reports, such as Biology units 3 and 6. Others are paper tests. Most Edexcel A-Level students would sit for 2 papers per subject at the end of every 6-month period (i.e. Units 1 and 2 after 6 months, units 3 and 4 after another 6 months, and units 5 and 6 at the end of the 1.5 years). INTEC students do not have this privilege, and thus have to sit for ALL their papers at the end of their A-Levels, except for Biology units 3 and 6 (reports).

Cambridge A-Levels is an A-Levels course run by the University of Cambridge International Examinations Syndicate (UCLES). These A-Level subjects have their assessment divided into AS (Advanced Subsidiary) and A2 papers. A typical Cambridge A-Levels student would take the AS-Level papers for each subject at the end of the 1st year and the A2 papers of each subject at the end of 1.5 years. Some papers are actually practical papers, in which you have to do experiments and answer related questions.

I would say that from my view, Edexcel A-Levels is easier than Cambridge A-Levels, having experience of studying both (I studied Cambridge A-Levels for 6 months before leaving for INTEC to study Edexcel A-Levels). I would say that Cambridge A-Level students go into greater depth and detail of the topics and that the Cambridge A-Levels syllabus is more well structured. The Edexcel syllabus is not that well organised I would say, and that Edexcel A-Level students might not go into such detail of what they study as compared to their Cambridge A-Level counterparts. The tests are also easier for Edexcel A-Levels than for Cambridge A-Levels, hence it should be easier to score straight A's in Edexcel A-Levels than in Cambridge A-Levels.

Some students might say that Edexcel A-Levels is easier due to the fact that you can take 2 units per subject for every 6 months and retake the units you perform poorly in to boost your grade (provided you are not an INTEC student). This is one advantage of the Edexcel A-Levels compared to Cambridge A-Levels, which normally gives students only one chance to improve their AS grades: by retaking them 6 months later (at the same time as when they take their A2 level subjects).

Cambridge A-Levels is advantageous in that it probably guides and prepares you better for university life. It also has a good, structured syllabus and there are plenty of reference books and past year papers out there for you to try as compared to Edexcel reference books which can be hard to find. Also, the Edexcel syllabus has just been revamped and thus there aren't many relevant past year questions for you to try out due to the change in syllabus. There are also more colleges offering Cambridge A-Levels in Malaysia, so there is a wide range of choices for you.

Again, I would like to caution that how easy the A-Levels is would be subjective and that if your study style suits that of Cambridge A-Levels better, you would find Cambridge more suitable and easier for you. However, it is my own personal opinion that Edexcel A-Levels is generally easier to score straight A's in than Cambridge A-Levels, having tried out both.

Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pesanan tuk faraheliena